Monday, March 5, 2012

Friendships of Love

When I was 15 maybe 16, I met a dear friend we became best of friends, we even got a job working together at a restaurant. She met a guy while working, and they hit it off like they had known each other forever. Eventually they were engaged and she asked me to be in her wedding, ( of course I said YES ) I was so happy for them. So the wedding took place at his parents house in their back yard (which was beautiful). After the wedding, we all went in the house, and mingled a while, and watched on as her husband played his guitar and sang an acoustic version of Eric Clapton's You Look Wonderful Tonight! It was the sweetest thing ever! The evening went on and everyone parted ways.
 A couple mo. down the road they moved into a cute little house not far from his parents, they were so excited to be starting their lives. We got together as often as we could, because I did not live very close to them. Eventually months had past and then years of not seeing each other (not because of a fight, just distance). We had completely lost contact.
  I had searched and searched with another best friend of ours, (that we all had lost contact with) But I thank God I finally found her a few years ago)! We tried everything we knew to find our friend. Finally about a week ago I found her, but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I found her Obituary, She had passed away in 2010 in a car wreck (which was the yr I was married). My heart was broken to find this out. She was still married to the man she met at such a young age, and they had a son! I am still in shock from finding this info.
 So I guess the reason for all of this, Life is too short, and you never know when your Journey is over. Love Strong, Love Hard, and let everyone you know and love, how much you love them, Everyday for we never know when our time may pass!


Mark 12:30-31
30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

No comments:

Post a Comment